Monday, January 30, 2012

Quilting Weekend

One of my goals for this year was to sew something every week. I have not posted anything and January is almost over. I just wanted to assure everyone that I am, in fact, on top of this goal. I have been sewing skull caps for my husband to sell since December. I have probably made 60 skull caps since 2012 has begun. This weekend I went to a quilting retreat on the beach. I did not start sewing my things until I finished 25 skull caps to mail to Michael on Saturday by 12:30 when the post office closed. Some of you may not know what skull caps are so I took a couple of pictures for you. My dear friends were models. I sew each of these to size so they do take a little time. About 1 hour per skull cap.

EJ was able to stay with The Lowe's this weekend for his first time. He had a blast and I hope Grammi and Papaw did too. I am so blessed and thankful that I have two wonderful sets of grandparents for EJ. He is definitely a lucky little boy. I was very glad, however, to get home on Sunday and feel those arms wrapped around my neck and hear the words MaMa once again. I thank the Lord daily for my little one.

Thanks for reading. I have some news to share later this week so check back in around Thursday.

Models - Cynthia and Carolyn

25 ready to be shipped

No comments:

Post a Comment